Monday, February 27, 2012

shower time

i have been known to sing in the shower.  and by sing i mean put on full concerts.  like, sold-out-show-in-the-vienna-opera-house style, holding nothing back, belting it out like that famous fat lady. 

today i sang for the first time in my new shower.  i've been showering silently since we moved in, hesitant to give my roommates tangeable evidence that i am a weirdo.  but today, i just couldn't help myself.  i mean, the shower is huge and echo-y, and after humming a few notes to test the acoustics, i was a gonner.  there was nothing for it but to sing. 

here is my typical shower playlist:










only the most emotional and melodious songs make the cut for shower-time-singing.  it is not the venue for hip-hop, and rap sounds ridiculous bouncing off the walls reminding me repeatedly that i am, in fact, not black.  no, the shower a place where emotions run free. 

my singing career started when i was 3 or 4.  i made up my own songs then, though.  my favorites were, "flowers grow and flowers die" and "you are precious, precious to me".  not only are those the titles of the songs, they are the lyrics as well, repeated to taste.  i later advanced to "somewhere out there" the reading rainbow theme.  it has exploded from there. 

it has recently come to my attention that i know next to no boyz II men.  i'm pretty embarrassed admitting that.  especially since they would make such an amazing addition to the playlist mentioned above.  starting the day off with this song and a nice shower just feels right.

No comments:

Post a Comment