Wednesday, October 31, 2012

i'm not going to disneyland

but a lot of really cool girls that i know are.  tomorrow.

this is just another grievance that i intend to add to the ever-growing-list caused and perpetuated by law school.  it steals my money and my time and my heart and my fun.  i need all of those things.  and law school has them

the result of this pending lack of disney vacation is that i have gone to california in my mind.  in the middle of environmental law class, as i should be taking notes, i am really watching youtube videos of  the alice in wonderland ride (on silent of course).  last night, when i should have been paying attention to the words in my evidence text droning on and on and on about hearsay, i was really flying over london with peter pan.  rather than answering my constitutional law professor's question about protected first amendment speech, i sang, "yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me."  (ok, that one might be an exaggeration...)  and instead of researching how fire law has effected the kaibab plateau, i'm really searching for plane tickets that will take me to my childhood dreams.

disneyland is wonderful.  it, like christmas morning and ice cream trucks and halloween, is a direct conduit back to childhood, back to those days when to play was the thing and law school wasn't even a word in my vocabulary.

2 comments:

  1. Huh. Wonder where you got that flying over london with peter pan thought?

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, love you. if you're down for a trip to california over christmas break i'll come with you :) plus, i think some of my roommates are coming down so you can maybe just go with them.

    ReplyDelete