Monday, January 31, 2011

so shall it be written, so shall it be done

it is not an unknown fact that i love speeding.  when i drive, nothing is more pleasing to me than cruising 20 (or more...) over the recommended mph, weaving in and out of slower cars, and making it to my destinations in ridiculously short times.  the one draw back is cops.  because they love busting me as much as, if not more than, i love speeding.

on saturday, i was busted for this very crime.  i've never quite felt the pinch of a ticket before, but i sure did on this one.  perhaps it's because i've had to buy a new clutch for my car, a new computer, and had my ipod break (again) all in the past two weeks.  all rather expensive replacements.  a ticket is just not in my budget.  so, i have had to face the music: speeding is not in my budget either.

i almost cried as i pulled away from the pig who ticketed me.  and i solemnly swore then and there never to speed (past 10 miles over) again.  my mettle was put to the test the very next day when i had to drive to salt lake for a party.  and, i am pleased-as-the-best-of-punch to announce that i kept my goal/vow.  it was rather relaxing not to be on a constant vigil for the fastest route to take between traffic.  i was able to sit back and smile and knowingly shake my head at those who have not yet learned my lesson.  what's more, instead of fearing cops, i called them on wanting to rub in their faces that they would have no reason to fine me anymore!

i am not naive enough to believe that i won't want to relapse, but i am determined not to let myself.  and that is why i am recording my resolution here.  so shall it be written, so shall it be done.

oh, and here's this, just an old favorite...

3 comments:

  1. Omg omg omg omg omg omg omg this vid is so classic it almost makes me cry. Way to lern your lesson...for a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that video is hilarious!!! haha. love it. thanks. and sorry about the ticket :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha! a barrel roll and a HAA! classic katie.

    ReplyDelete