Tuesday, January 11, 2011

when disaster strikes, strike back.

but how?  oh, how?

i was sitting in my office today, minding my very own business as i planned my classes and listened to my music when my computer wiped out my ipod's entire music library.

devastation ensued.  obviously.

i just sat there and held my little dead (or at least blank and useless) ipod in my hand and didn't know what to do.  my mind rolodexed through my losses which were mainly in the form of playlists but also came as artists/songs that i'd stolen from other people's computers that i'll probably never remember to get again and so, from here on out, whenever that artist or song pops into my mind to be played, i'll turn to my trusty ipod and it will come up lacking and through no fault of its own.

losing music is a tragic thing.  and i had just come up with such a good, good playlist.

what does one do in this situation?  because i want vengeance.  but, let's be honest, apple will never pay up.  what am i going to do?  write and tell them that a malfunction on one their macbooks caused my entire itunes on my ipod to evaporate into so much cyberspace vapor?  they won't care.  and i can't really go the route of punishing the apple corporation, i'm entirely too dependent on them.  i want their sleekly designed machines with their user-friendly apps and programs to run my life for me.  but i don't want them to eat each other.  that's not right.

and so, here i am, using my apple-fabricated keyboard to write my apple-tainted words wishing that, somehow, i could turn back the clock and disconnect my ipod before i lost the whole of my music life and wondering when there will be an app for that.

4 comments:

  1. apparently you need an ipogo... it sounds like it has an app for everything.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhkxDIr0y2U

    but this tragedy might be far too advanced for Sesame Street. There probably isn't an app to clear the emotional devastation. I am available for mourning now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no oh no oh no!

    We HAVE to fix this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. total disaster. i'm feeling it for you, that stinks big time. there should be an app for that...

    ReplyDelete